How to apply for a France visa from Qatar
1. Know when to submit an application for the France visa for Qatar citizens
- How do you know when you should submit your application for the France visa from Qatar? One thing to consider is the date you need to be in France. You MUST apply for a France visa from Qatar in time to receive your visa. Failure to apply at least 15 days before you leave will likely result in your application not being processed in time, and your trip being delayed as a result. That being said, applying so far in advance (more than six months) from when you need to be in France is also a bad idea, as applications for the France visa for Qatar citizens that are submitted then are not traditionally accepted by French consular authorities.
2. Choose where to apply for a Schengen visa from Qatar
- If you are applying for your France visa from Qatar from inside the emirate, you will do so from the French Embassy in the capital. Contact Schengenvisas.com for help finding out where in Doha to formally submit your application. In the meantime, you can find your online application destination (i.e. the French visa portal) here .
3. Choose the best visa type for how to apply for France visa from Qatar
- Are you going to France to see the sights? Do you have a different reason for pursing a France Schengen visa? Whatever your reason, you should be able to find it reflected in one of the 12 France visas and types shown here .
- For example, if you only need a France Schengen visa in order to transit at a French airport, you will select “Airport Transport” from the listed France visas and types.
- When you access your Schengen visa application (online) you will indicate your selected Schengen visa for Qataris on the form, along with your entry category (see step 4).
4. Choose an entry category from France visas and types for Qatar passport holders
- Your desired entry category for the France visa from Qatar is that which best serves your purposes as a traveler. Do you need to travel in and out of France/the Schengen area? If so, you should select a multiple entry France visa from Qatar. Do you only need one entry to the zone—in other words—do you not plan on returning to the zone in the event that you leave it before your visa has expired? If so, then you should settle for the single-entry France visa from Qatar. Want the flexibility of being able to return to the Schengen area just one time (in the event that you leave it)? In this case, the double entry France visa from Qatar is an ideal category for you.
5. Find your application form and learn how much does a France visa cost
- This is the application portal for the France visa from Qatar . Once you sign up for access, you will be able to proceed with meeting all the online France visa requirements for Qatar citizens, including by scheduling a visa appointment and completing your payment of all relevant France visa fees. The average Qatari applicant will pay 80 EUR (if paying online, payment will be through credit/debit card).
- Note that when you apply for a France visa from Qatar, you will need to do so in either the English, French, or Spanish language. These requirements extend to any documents you might submit in pursuit of the France visa from Qatar. If you do not speak these languages, you may contact us at SchengenVisas.com for help filling out your form and obtaining translations of any Arabic documents into one of the officially acceptable languages for the Schengen visa for the Qatar citizens and residents.
6. Submit documents required for France visa and requirements for Qatar citizens
- Print out of the electronic Schengen visa application for described above, alongside its receipt (indicating the online application’s acceptance).
- Qatari national passport (or other national travel doc) for a France visa from Qatar.
- France visa fees.
- Proof of medical travel insurance for a France visa from Qatar.
- Passport photos (two of them, appropriately sized) for a France visa from Qatar.
- Proof of accommodation for a France visa from Qatar.
- Proof of finances for a France visa from Qatar.
- Proof of return for a France visa from Qatar.
- Poof of travel medical insurance for a France visa from Qatar.
- Supplemental documents for a France visa from Qatar (supplemental in that they pertain to an individual’s selected visa type, and therefore vary accordingly).
7. Schedule a visa appointment for how to get a France visa from Qatar
- If you have not done so already online, you should now contact SchengenVisas.com in order to schedule your visa appointment at your application destination in Qatar.
8. Sit for your visa appointment to get a France visa from Qatar
- Being interviewed.
- Handing in all of their required documents and materials, including a copy of their (electronically submitted) application + receipt.
- Submitting biometric information aka photos and fingerprints.
- Paying their France visa fees (if they haven’t done so already).
9. Remember the processing time for France Schengen visa
- Remember that 15-60 days it the processing time for the France visa for Qatar citizens. Keep in mind that your Qatari passport is held throughout that period—however long it may be.
10. Receive a decision on your France visa from Qatar
- Let’s say you’ve been rejected for your France visa from Qatar—what should you do? The most basic response is to simply re-apply, with an eye toward addressing the mistakes you made on your first attempt (contact SchengenVisas.com for help with this). There is also an appeal process for the Schengen visa for the Qatar citizens and residents who feel they met the France visa requirements for Qatar citizens on their application, and therefore that the decision rendered was unfair. If you’ve been—in your opinion—unfairly rejected, contact us for help.
How to Apply for a France Tourist Visa in Qatar
Europe has always been a popular place to visit for many of us. France, in particular, is appealing because of its culture and famous landmarks.
ALSO READ: How to Apply for a South Korea Tourist Visa in Qatar
If you’re in Qatar and want to visit France, you’ll need to apply for a Schengen visa. This visa also lets you travel to other nearby countries that have the same visa agreement. You can stay and enjoy your trip for up to three months.
Visa Application for Filipinos
The Schengen visa is your ticket to entering France for a short visit. As holder of a Philippine passport, you will need to apply for this visa.
To initiate your application process, you will need to gather the following documents :
- Valid passport: Should have at least two blank pages left when applying for a short stay visa. Make sure to scan all visa pages to demonstrate your travel history.
- Passport photo: Provide a recent photograph that meets the specified requirements.
- Qatar ID: Include a copy of your Qatar ID for identification purposes
- Proof of accommodation: Present evidence of a hotel reservation or any other valid forms of accommodation during your stay.
- Proposed travel arrangements: Provide documentation confirming your organized trip or itinerary
- Proof of return ticket reservation: Include a reservation confirmation of your return ticket.
- Employer’s letter: Obtain a letter from your employer that includes details such as your salary, job position, contract start date, contract duration, and confirmation of your planned return date to Qatar.
- Proof of financial means: Submit supporting documents such as bank statements or payslips to demonstrate your financial capability. If you choose to present bank statements, ensure that they display your name and at least three months’ worth of salary transfers. Remember that these documents should be in English
- Travel health insurance: Obtain valid travel health insurance coverage for the duration of your trip.
Note: You can also refer to the Visa Wizard page of the French Embassy website to know more
Applicants need to visit CAPAGO MENA to submit their documents. The French Embassy approves or rejects the application.
Step 1: Visit the France-Visa portal to check if you need a visa. Use the visa wizard for requirements, fees, and documents. If you’ve been to another Schengen country in the last 6 months, use the online calculator for your stay duration.
Step 2: Go to the France-Visas page, fill the visa application form, and prepare the required documents. Refer to the online tutorial if you need help. Create an online account to save your form. Then, book your appointment.
Step 3: Request an appointment at CAPAGO MENA. You have up to 3 months for a short-stay visa application.
Step 4: Submit your form, documents, photo, and fingerprints on the appointment day. If you provided biometrics in the last 5 years, no need to appear in person. Pay the visa processing fee.
Step 5: Track your application using your account. Processing takes about 15 days. Collect your passport at the center or receive it by mail in some cases.
The current visa fee is QR 317 or 80 euros.
Please note that the above information represents the current visa fees. When it is time for you to apply for a visa, we recommend contacting the embassy for any potential changes or updates regarding the fees.
Getting to France from Qatar
The average flight time from Qatar to France is approximately 7 hours. Several airlines that operate flights to France include Qatar Airways, EgyptAir, and Turkish Airlines. According to a travel website, the lowest-priced flight available starts from QAR 1031. The most popular destinations within the country are Paris, Lyon, Nice, and Toulouse.
Guide for Tourists
To make your trip more memorable, it is advisable to familiarize yourself with the local culture before embarking on your journey.
Learn basic French
It is helpful to learn basic French words and phrases as some locals may not speak English. Here are a few phrases to get you started:
- Bonjour – hello
- Merci – thank you
- Au revoir – please
- Je ne parie pas francais – I don’t speak French
- En anglais, s’il vous plaît – In English, please?
Understanding the proper way of greeting
In France, it is common for friends to greet each other with a kiss on the cheek. When bidding farewell, they often exchange kisses on both cheeks. However, when meeting strangers, it is more appropriate to simply shake hands.
Bringing a gift for the host
When you receive an invitation to a dinner or party, it is customary to express gratitude by bringing a gift or a small token of appreciation for the host. The most recommended gifts are wine or bouquets of flowers. When accepting the invitation, ensure that you dress appropriately and arrive punctually.
- Avoid speaking in English right away when engaging with locals. It is best to initiate the conversation with some basic French phrases. However, if you find yourself struggling with French, they may respond in limited English .
- Avoid complaining about slow service. In many restaurants and cafes, you may notice that the service is not as fast-paced as you may be accustomed to. This is because locals value socializing and taking their time. As a guest in their country, embrace the opportunity to savor the food and immerse yourself in the culture.
Recommended Places to Visit
While France is widely recognized for the iconic Eiffel Tower, this European country offers much more than just a mandatory photo opportunity. It boasts a rich history evident in its ancient structures, vibrant festivities, and delectable cuisine.
If you’re still in the process of planning your itinerary, here are some highly recommended places to visit once you obtain your Schengen visa:
The capital city of the country, Paris, is famous for its Eiffel Tower and the impressive Arc de Triomphe. Art lovers can explore the renowned Louvre museum. The streets of Paris are filled with jazz clubs, stylish shops, and beautiful artwork. Don’t miss the chance to visit the happiest place on Earth, which also has a park in Paris.
Located to the east of the capital, Champagne is where the popular fizzy drink originated. You can take tours of the vineyards and enjoy tasting their products. This region is also home to the Gothic Cathedrale Notre Dame, which you may recognize from the famous novel, The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
Though a bit far from the capital, Normandy is worth a visit for its breathtaking beaches and views of the English Channel. You can also appreciate the charming rural architecture and gardens in the area.
Foods that Originated from France
While the popular snack known as French fries carries the country’s name, it surprisingly did not originate there. However, there are other delightful foods that have their roots in France and are worth exploring:
A delectable pastry in the shape of a crescent. It is a common breakfast treat. Nowadays, you can find frozen croissants in stores, which eliminates the need for baking them from scratch.
Thin and delicate, crepes resemble thin pancakes and can be filled with either sweet or savory fillings. They are versatile and make for a delightful snack or dessert .
A long and slender French bread that is a staple in most French meals. It is often used to make sandwiches or enjoyed on its own. Some even enjoy dipping it in their coffee or hot chocolate for a unique culinary experience.
France has a rich culinary history, and these are just a few examples of the mouth watering delicacies that originated from this gastronomic powerhouse. Exploring the diverse flavors and tastes of French cuisine is a delightful experience for food enthusiasts.
Embassy of France Address and Contact Details
- Address: West Bay Diplomatic Area, PO Box 2669, Doha
- Phone number +974 440 21 777
- Website: qa.ambafrance.org
- Email address: [email protected]
Map of the Embassy of France
In a YouTube video by JASTravel , the process of applying for a tourist visa to France for Filipinos is discussed. The video offers valuable insights, including a comprehensive list of requirements that need to be prepared. Of utmost importance, the YouTuber emphasizes that during the visa application process, your passport cannot be used for travel to other destinations.
You can watch the full video here:
Disclaimer: The information posted here is based on personal experiences that the vlogger shared in the video. Please let this post serve as a guide only. If you have specific questions, you may ask the vlogger by commenting on their video or on their social media accounts.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long can I get my visa?
The processing time for a visa typically ranges from 15 to 60 days. During this period, your passport will remain with the embassy for the entire d uration of the process.
- Can I extend my stay in France as a tourist?
Although a Schengen visa permits a stay of up to three months in France, it is possible to apply for an extension if needed. To do so, you would need to visit a local Prefecture in the country and apply for a residence permit. This will enable you to prolong your stay beyond the initial three-month period.
For Philippine passport holders planning to visit France, obtaining a Schengen visa is essential. To initiate your application, ensure you have the following documents ready: your passport, photo, Qatar ID, bank statement, itinerary, hotel and flight reservation, and travel insurance. Additionally, you will need to create an account on the France-Visa platform and schedule an appointment with the embassy.
The processing time for your visa application typically ranges from 15 to 60 days. Once approved, the visa allows you to stay in France for a maximum period of three months. It’s worth noting that the Schengen visa also grants you the opportunity to explore other neighboring countries during your visit.
READ NEXT: How to Register for OFW Pass in DMW Mobile App
Tourist Visa In France: A Simple Guide
Dreaming of the Eiffel Tower , lavender fields, and Riviera beaches?
Before you indulge in the French experience, a tourist visa might be your golden ticket.
Unravel the path to savoring France’s iconic delights seamlessly.
Let’s dive in!
What is the France Tourist Visa?
If you wish to visit France for tourism for a period shorter than 90 days, depending on your nationality, you might be required to obtain a France Tourist visa first.
The French Tourist visa permits you to stay in France for 90 days at most per a period of 180 days.
Aside from the cases when your visa is marked as a Limited Territorial Validity visa, you are generally permitted to travel with this visa to other Schengen countries within that period.
What To Consider Before Applying For A French Tourist Visa
Before you apply for a French tourist visa, you should:
- Check Your Passport: Make sure your passport meets the validity requirement. If you still need to, apply for a new one before you apply for a visa.
- Book Your Flight In Time: Do not leave it for the night before your visa appointment after you have completed everything else. You may need help finding a place on a flight on your intended date.
- Make Sure Everything Is As Required: Do not tell yourself, “Maybe they won’t notice this,” or “they can’t make a huge deal out of such a small detail.”
The consular officers check everything with the utmost attention, so you’d better follow all procedures and meet all requirements.
When Can You Submit The Application?
Submitting the application file at the right time is crucial for a positive outcome on your France Tourist Visa application. According to the French tourist visa rules, the earliest you can apply is six months before your booked flight to France.
On the other hand, the latest you can do so is two weeks before the date of your intended trip.
According to the French authorities in your country of residence and how they have regulated visa admission, you may have to submit your application at:
- The consular section of the French embassy in your country.
- A French consulate in your country.
- A third-party visa-processing center to which France has outsourced visa submission in your country.
- The French embassy/consulate/visa processing center in a neighboring country, to which French authorities in your country of residence have outsourced visa submission.
What If You Have To Travel To Other Countries Besides France?
If you travel to the Schengen Area to visit other countries besides France, you might have to apply to another embassy rather than in France. This sounds a bit complicated to many, but it is straightforward.
First of all, list the countries you plan to visit and write the number of days you will spend in each country. Apply at the embassy where you are planning to spend most days . I.e.
If you are visiting Germany and France, and you will be spending three days in the first and five in the latter, then you will have to apply at the country embassy, where you will spend more days in France.
On the other hand, if you are spending an equal amount of days in two countries or more, i.e., two in France, two in Germany, and two in Switzerland, then you will have to apply at the embassy of the country where you will be landing first.
How To Obtain A French Tourist Visa?
The application process for a French Tourist visa might seem complicated and frustrating , especially for people who have not obtained a visa before.
However, if you make a list of the steps you have to take and follow them slowly, then you will quickly achieve your goal and obtain the visa:
- Complete the French Tourist Schengen visa application form.
- Collect the required documents.
- Book an appointment .
- Pay the fees .
- Show up at the appointment.
You can find the France tourist visa application form on the website of the French embassy in your home country. If you do not, you can require a form to be sent to you online through email by the embassy.
Fulfill the application form with honest and correct information. Prepare “how to fill in the visa application form” beforehand to avoid making mistakes.
Remember that the information you give in this form must comply with that in the other documents. Otherwise, your application will likely be rejected. Remember to print it twice and sign both copies at the end.
Collect The Required Documents
After completing the application form, collect the required documents for a French tourist visa. Take care to have each document in original and copy .
Be sure to complete even one document on the day of your appointment since that might result in the refusal of your application.
You should submit the following documents to apply for a Tourist visa to France:
- French Tourist Visa Application Form: Make sure you complete the proper form and that the information you provide is correct.
- Two passport-style photos: They must be at most three months.
- Your valid passport: It must have been issued within the last 10 years and is valid for a minimum of 3 months after the end of your planned stay in France. The passport must have at least two blank pages to put the visa sticker on it.
- Copies Of Older Visas: If you have ever held any visa to any country, submit copies of those visas.
- Travel Medical Insurance : Medical insurance that covers a minimum of €30,000 for your entire stay in France and the Schengen.
- Certificate of criminal record : Official certificate showing that candidate has no open crime case involvement
- Proof of paid visa fee: Make sure to include valid receipt
- Travel Itinerary: This document shows what you will do in France when you arrive and leave and includes proof of arranged transportation, i.e., plane ticket booking.
- Proof of Accommodation in France: It can be a hotel/ hostel booking or a letter of invitation if you plan to stay with friends or relatives.
- Means of subsistence: Proof that you have the financial means to cover your stay in France and other Schengen countries if you plan to.
This could be a bank statement of up to three days covering the last three months or a scholarship certificate stating how much you will receive during your stay.
You will need to book an appointment for your interview with a consular officer of the French embassy. The interview is a must for every applicant over the age of 12.
Book the interview online at the website of the French embassy or consulate in your country. If that option is not available in your country, you must go to the embassy to schedule an appointment.
How Much Does A France Tourist Visa Cost?
You must pay the visa fee before you attend the interview on the day of your appointment at the embassy, consulate, or visa application center. The fee for a French tourist visa is €80.
You will have to pay the fee in euros or the local currency , according to the exchange rates applied by the embassy.
France Tourist Visa Validity
The validity of your visa depends on the French embassy that issued it to you. The maximum validity of a French tourist visa can be three months within half a year.
The embassy may issue you a visa for the required period, i.e., ten days, three weeks, or even three or five days. On the other hand, you can still get a multiple entry 3 months valid visa, mainly if you are a frequent traveler to the Schengen territory.
Can You Visit Other Countries In Europe?
It depends on the type of Schengen Visa you’re granted.
If the visa sticker on your passport says “ The Schengen States ” or “ États Schengen” or the exact words in another EU language, then you can travel in the whole Schengen territory with that visa as soon as it becomes valid.
On the other hand, if your visa says “ Schengen states (-the acronym of a country),” it means you cannot visit only that particular country, i.e., “Schengen states (-ES)” means you can visit all the Schengen states but Spain .
You can also receive a visa that includes only the acronyms of the states you are permitted to visit, i.e., “F, FIN, GR”, which means you can only visit France, Finland, and Greece.
Traveling To France
One cannot ignore the mesmerizing beauty that France carries. Even though you have never visited France, it holds so much merit. Without a doubt, it would drag you down the lane of nostalgia.
It uplifts you with images of the Paris Eiffel Tower, the Cannes Film Festival, pebbly beaches in Nice, the finest wines in Bordeaux, and impressive architecture in Lyon.
While half of the world is already in love with France, there are millions of reasons that can make your love for France even deeper.
France never ceases to fascinate world travelers with its individualistic beauty, art, history , and gastronomic heritage . And that is why it has been the most famous tourist destination in the world.
Whether you visit France with a profound purpose or want to play around, France has everything for everyone.
Why Should You Visit France?
Home to the paris.
The city of Paris belongs to France. Now, this fact equals every reason you must choose France over every other destination you keep as an option. Paris is the most charming city that no other city can compete with as its existence is nearly perfect.
With famous landmarks like the Eiffel Tower and Pantheon.
And remarkable museums like the Louvre and Musee d’Orsay, the cutest cafés like Laduree, sophisticated streets like Champs Elysees, and theme parks like Disneyland, you cannot deny its alluring beauty in any situation.
France Is Haven Of History And Culture
France feels a thousand times attractive for its rich culture and history . French people take so much pride in their historical heritage.
Art, architecture, and literature honor the most significant battles fought during the French Revolution and the Napoleon period.
You can still witness time being kept intact in France through attractions like the Palace of Versailles, Notre Dame Cathedral, Sacre-Coeur, Old Port of Marseille, and more.
France has almost 39 sites on the UNESCO World Heritage Site list to highlight its strong, culturally enriched presence in human history.
French Cuisine Is A Gastronomical Treasure
French cuisine is an integral part of the culinary world. It upholds the reputation of France not only for its unique and rich taste but also for its valuable recipes and cooking techniques that are also gastronomical treasures.
Every food lover should taste France’s authentic , traditional, and local foods.
From croissants, baguettes, and seafood to over 400 cheese varieties, your culinary endeavor will be otherworldly.
Paradise For Fashion Admirers
France is home to famous fashion brands like Dior, Chanel, and Louis Vuitton. For the fashion admirer inside you, France is a shopper’s paradise. You can walk down the famous streets where you can shop till you drop.
Not just that, the entire French community will inspire your wardrobe update. Even on a regular day, the people of France like to flaunt their rich fashion sense as they walk down the street.
Fashion brands will also organize Fashion Week events where you can admire the latest collection and grab some aesthetic pieces of clothing. Rue de Rivoli, Champs Elysees, and Les Halles are some of the best streets to style up yourself.
Country With Distinctive Geography
France’s geography creates more opportunities for tourists with its distinctive geography . Do you want to swim, surf, and snorkel or relax in a sunny spot on a beach? Head directly to Cannes, Nice, or Côte d’Azur.
Do you want to spend your vacation on the snowy slopes and ski to your heart’s content? Visit Mont Blanc. France has a space for every venture you are seeking.
Land Of Art And Museum
You are aware that France is the land of art and museums .
From the Louvre Museum(the World’s Largest Museum), which houses notable art like the painting of the Mona Lisa by Leonardo da Vinci, to the extraordinary collection of modern art in Centre Pompidou.
Every region of France has a museum that surprises you with renowned masterpieces.
Wine Enthusiast Getaway
There is no better place than France if you are a wine enthusiast who likes to try the finest wines in the world.
There are more than 450 types of homemade wine collections in France. Every region has a specialty, and you can’t resist trying all the duty-free wines without being bored.
There are so many Castles in France. You might need an entire month to explore all the Castles reflecting Gothic and Romanesque architecture . The fun part is you can stay in some of them and admire the beauty.
From Château de Chantilly, Palace of Versailles, to Château de Chenonceau, you will be stunned by these picturesque castles that let you understand France like never before.
If you want to escape the clamor of the city, there is no better place than France’s countryside with picturesque views . To be clear, over 80% of France is typically villages.
They offer a solid level of peace and tranquility that helps you forget all your worries, enjoy time with the locals, and cherish every moment by etching the breathtaking view in your mind.
Hotspot For Romance
Finally, the most important reason to add France to your bucket list is that France naturally makes it hard to disregard its romantic side. Even the elegance of the French language adds more romance to romantic endeavors in the “ city of love .”
Traveling Costs In France
France is consistently the most popular tourist destination in Europe, with Paris welcoming tens of millions of visitors each year and only Istanbul and London coming close to challenging for the number one spot. But is France expensive to visit?
France is diverse but expensive to visit, with an average cost of €85-580 per person daily. That said, there’s something for everyone in France, and most locations have options to accommodate all types of budgets.
Accommodation Prices In France
When making a France travel budget, accommodation should be the first thing to research as it can be relatively expensive if you don’t carefully look at your options.
Camping is one of the cheaper options for accommodation in France. Still, not everyone’s idea of a relaxing holiday is sleeping on the floor in a woodland, regardless of how beautiful the landscape is…
Solo young travelers may be disappointed by the lack of hostels across France, although you can find some in big cities like Paris, Marseille, and Lyon.
Outside of Paris, you can expect to pay no more than €50 for a single bed in a dorm room, although it’s hard to find a bed unde r €30 as you can in other European cities.
Within Paris, the majority of beds in dorm rooms are over €50 , so if you’re traveling with a friend or partner, it’s usually worthwhile staying in a hotel and splitting the cost of the room.
In general, expect the accommodation cost to be more expensive in Paris than in other cities and regions in France.
Looking at hotels in a variety of towns and cities in France, the majority of the double rooms cost over €100 per night, while only about one-third of rooms cost €50-€100 , leaving just a tiny percentage of rooms that cost less than €50 per night.
If you’re looking for something more luxurious, expect to make more than €300-550 per night for a room – and often much more, depending on the hotel and location.
This shows that accommodation in France can be expensive, although there are many reasonable options to be found if you’re visiting France on a budget; either way, accommodation is a big factor in your overall France trip cost.
Transportation Prices In France
On the other hand, traveling in France is as easy , cheap, and comfortable as it is highly recommended. France, especially the South, welcomes tourists and travelers, so moving around is very simple.
If you’re willing to take a risk, you can even hitchhike from one place to another very quickly to keep your trip to France to a minimum.
The majority of French people are very friendly and will take you as far as they can as well as recommend places to visit and things to do in the area that you might not otherwise know about.
That’s also why the ride-sharing app Blablacar works so well in France.
It’s hard to book a journey many weeks in advance, but if you’re on a loose schedule, you can find many different cars to join over the coming week and choose whichever driver you have more in common with or which journey best suits your timing or budget.
A 3-hour journey can cost as little as €15 , and you can even find rides over long journeys such as 9 hours from Paris to Montpellier from just €50.
France also has an incredibly well-developed train network, with high-speed trains able to transport you to all corners of the country. However, the cost of train tickets can vary depending on the journey length and how far in advance you book.
There is also a decent bus network that is often less expensive than the train. However, the journeys can take longer and are often less comfortable than a train ride.
If you’re planning a road trip or are keen to try your hand at driving in France, however, you can easily rent a car from French Airports or city centers from €50-100 for a small car.
Within French towns and cities, you can use the bus, tram , or metro for €1.50-2.50 for a single ticket, although there are often cheaper alternatives for 10 journeys or 24 hours if you think you’ll use public transportation in France often over your stay.
Or, for a greener and more active alternative, you can find city rental bikes in the streets of the most prominent cities in France, which you can rent for €0.50-1.50 per hour or €5 a day to get around quickly.
These city bikes do require a credit card to make sure you return the bike, so if you don’t have one or you’re in a smaller town, you can still rent a bicycle for around €20-30 a day, sometimes with an additional few euros for a helmet or basket.
Some of these bike rental shops also have e-bikes available so you can save your legs, although the price can be a lot more expensive, from €35-70 per day.
Food Prices In France
Dining is one of the best activities in France, and the options won’t disappoint you. Sure, you can find cheap French fast food chains and cafeterias everywhere like Flunch and Quick, but it would be a waste of a trip to the gastronomic center of Europe to eat here.
The cost of food in France can vary depending on your habits. Breakfast is a cheap and easy affair, with bakeries on every corner selling fresh pastries and baguettes for less than a couple of euros each.
Meanwhile, you can have a cheap and cheerful lunch of a delicious sandwich for a few euros from any cafe or turn it into a meal deal in the French cafe La Mie Caline, where you can get a sandwich, cake, and drink for a very affordable price.
The classic French croque monsieur can be found everywhere, as well, for low prices.
Of course, it’s always affordable and a great way to support local vendors to pick up some bread, local cheese, or some meats from small delis or market stalls and have a lunch picnic, too!
However, if you’re going to make the most of your trip to France and dine as the locals do, you can find excellent set menus for lunch for €15-30 for 2-3 courses of usually expertly prepared and locally sourced dishes.
For dinner, there are many options in France in terms of price and cuisine, but you can almost always guarantee it will be high-quality food .
A mid-range restaurant will serve exquisite dishes, often prepared in the same traditional way over many generations, so you know they have the classic French cooking down to a T.
Evening set menus can cost between €20 and €45 for three courses in most restaurants, with a bottle of wine costing €20-60 .
So, you only need to spend a fortune in a 5-star restaurant in France if you’re out for a special occasion or want to enjoy a spectacular view, such as the Jules Verne in the Eiffel Tower. Here, you can have a 5-course dinner time tasting menu for €255 .
Your French rendezvous awaits, and the tourist visa is the first step to those dreamy Parisian nights and Provençal sunrises.
Voyage magnifique begins with the right paperwork!
But wait! There’s lot more that you might be interested in following:
- Types Of Visas In France
- Tax Refund In France
- Temporary residence In France
How To Get A Schengen Visa in Qatar (Residents in Qatar)
If you want to visit Europe, the visa that will give you access to 26 European Countries (plus 3 extra) is the Schengen Visa. In Schengen Zone, you can cross borders with your passport and visa. If you are in Qatar, here’s a guide on How to Get a Schengen Visa in Qatar .
- How to Apply For A Qatar Tourist Visa with Your Philippines Passport
- How to Apply for a Finland Schengen Visa with your Philippine Passport
- How to Apply for a Sweden Schengen Visa with your Philippine Passport
- What Will Happen If You Overstay On Your Schengen Visa?
- DENIED Schengen Visa – How to File and Write an Appeal for a Rejected Schengen Visa (With a Sample Letter Template)
Table of Contents
Quick Facts About The Schengen Visa
Validity: short stay for up to 90 days in every 180 days Number of Entries: Single, Double, Multiple Entry Processing Time: 15 days
Schengen Visa in Qatar Requirements (Short Stay – Tourist Visa)
These are the common requirements in getting a Schengen Visa. However, there may be small differences in every country.
1. Schengen Visa Application Form – it must be duly completed and signed, some countries may let you apply or fill-up the application form online
2. One/Two Passport-sized photo – the picture must not be older than 6 months with a white background, has a size of 3.5 x 4.5 cm, don’t attach this to the application form
3. Passport(s) – Valid must be valid 3 months from the expiry of visa, with at least 2 blank pages and your Old Passport(s) if there are any
4. Qatar Residence Permit / Iqama – valid at least 3 months from the expiry of the visa
5. Photocopy of the following (1 each):
- Bio-page and signature page of the passport holder
- Qatar Residence Permit
- Previous Schengen Visa
6. Overseas Medical Insurance – It should be applicable for all Schengen States and cover the entire stay or transit period of the person. The minimum is EUR 30,000 / USD 50,000. Some embassies might only accept insurance companies authorized by the Embassy. I highly recommend AXA Schengen for this!
7. Flight and Accommodation
- Flight Reservation – It is not required to pay or buy the ticket until a visa is granted.
- Valid Accommodation Booking or Reservation – must have the full address (Number, Street, City, Zip Code), Contact Information and Booking Reference Number
- Please note that vouchers from travel agencies may not be accepted as proof of accommodation
8. No Objection Letter from Local Employer or Sponsor (NOL)
- With name, postal address, telephone number, and position of the signatory starting date and salary of the applicant
- With Company Registration or computer card showing representative must be not older than a month
9. Proof of Financial means of the applicant
- Bank Statement – original and signed, with salary income for at least 3 months, must not be older than 2 weeks from the submission date
10. Visa Fee
- EURO 80 is the usual visa fee for adults and EURO 40 for children 6 – 12
- This may be converted to Riyal, each Embassy will have different exchange rates
- Additional Service Fee for the application center may be charged
Step-By-Step Guide Can Get a Schengen Visa in Qatar
STEP 1: Select a country where you will apply. This can be the place where you will be spending most days at or if it’s of equal duration the first place you will arrive at.
STEP 2: Gather all the documents needed for your application.
STEP 3: Book an appointment at the Visa Application Center. Payment may be asked prior to your appointment.
STEP 4: Go to your appointment date at the VAC or Embassy. Submit your documents, pay the fees (maybe the visa fee or service fee), and have your photo and fingerprint taken.
STEP 5: Track your application.
STEP 6 : If your visa is ready, claim your passport at the application center or Embassy where you submitted it. Bring the receipt and a valid I.D. to claim it. There are also options where you can get your passport through courier.
Where to Apply for a Schengen Visa in Qatar
For the Stated Countries you can see where you can apply below:
- Belgium (represents Luxembourg)
- Czech Republic
- Germany (represents Austria, Finland, Norway, and Slovenia )
- Italy (represents Estonia and Malta)
- Netherlands (represents Sweden and Slovakia)
- Switzerland (represents Liechtenstein)
Where to Apply : VFS Global Address : 1st Floor (103) Abdul Jaleel Business Center, Airport Road, Al Matar Street, Doha, Qatar Working Hours : 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Sunday to Thursday
Hungary, Denmark, Latvia
Where to Apply : Embassy of Hungary in Doha Address : Building No.: 15, Saha 83, Zone 66, West Bay, Doha Working Hours : 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM, Monday and Thursday
Where to Apply : French Embassy in Doha Address : West Bay, Diplomatic Area, keep on “Al Corniche” following the Sheraton Hotel.
Where to Apply : Embassy of the Republic of Poland in Doha Address : West Bay, Al-Qutaifiya 66, str. no 519, Saha 49, Doha, State of Qatar
Where to Apply : Embassy of Portugal in Doha Address : Aljamie Street, 803, Zone: 67, Building: 31, Al Dafna, Doha Working Hours : 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM, Sunday to Thursday
Where to Apply : Spain Visa Application Center – Doha (BLS) Address : Office No 23,5th Floor, Al Reem Tower, Al Wahda Street, West bay Doha, Qatar Submission : 8:30 AM – 1:30 PM, Sunday to Thursday Collection : 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM, Sunday to Thursday
FAQs On A Schengen Visa
1. Is the visa fee refundable?
No, once it has already been paid, you can’t get a refund.
2. How long can I travel with my Short Stay Visa?
You can travel for 90 days maximum in a 180-day period. However, most first-timers are given 15 days on their first Schengen Visa.
3. How long does a visa application usually take?
A visa application usually takes up to 15 days. However, in some cases, the Embassy may take 30 days of processing time and ask for additional documentation and further verifications.
4. How many days before my flight should I apply?
You can apply a month or two before your scheduled departure. However, you can submit your application up to 3 months before your planned departure.
5. Do I need to apply personally?
Yes, except when the applicant is below 12 years old, biometrics are taken, so you are required to visit the application center.
6. Can someone else get my passport?
Yes, you can have someone else can get it for you. They need to bring the original official receipt, copy of your passport’s bio-page, an authorization letter, and a photocopy of your ID.
7. Can I get my visa via courier?
Yes, you can. You need to coordinate with VFS Global.
8. Is there an interview?
Not necessarily, but you may be called for an interview at the Embassy in case they see something wrong with your documents, or they want some clarification with the purpose of your stay.
9. Do I need a Paid Flight Booking ?
No. Only a CONFIRMED BOOKING is required. Our Rent-A-Flight Service is the best for this. For just 1,500 Pesos, you can get a LEGITIMATE and CONFIRMABLE booking.
10. What company do you recommend for the insurance ?
AXA Schengen ! The best thing about them is they will completely refund your payment in case your visa doesn’t get approved.
11. My visa is rejected! What remedy do I have?
You can either file a Remonstrance Letter or submit another application from another E.U. Embassy.
That’s how you can get a Schengen Visa in Qatar . The process is the same worldwide; however, there may be slight differences in the requirements like resident permits and office hours are a bit the same. Please double-check the schedule, especially on Ramadan, though, as Qatar is a Muslim country. If you need help in your application, we offer a Visa Application Bundle Service . Read the article to know what is in the offer. Good luck!
About the Writer
Hey, I’m Lyza! I once was a person who just imagined going to places “one day” but decided to pursue my dreams. My first travel abroad was in Japan, solo, last 2018, and fell in love with the journey since. I’m aiming to visit 10 countries before turning 30 and 2 new places in the Philippines every year. Besides traveling, I love organizing trips, photography, reading, and making new friends. Follow my adventures through my Instagram .
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed .
One thought on “ How To Get A Schengen Visa in Qatar (Residents in Qatar) ”
Sir this is Usman Ghani from qatar basically I am from Pakistan I want schengen visa How to get.
COPYRIGHT DISCLAIMER: Many of the articles on Two Monkeys Travel Group are guest posts by a number of Approved Contributors and are hosted by Two Monkeys Travel Group. Approved Contributors control their own work and post freely to our site. This includes all text and images that they use within their own work. All contributors are instructed to follow internationally recognised copyright and intellectual property guidelines. Two Monkeys Travel Group takes its own responsibilities very seriously, so if you feel that any part of this work is abusive in any way, please send us an email so that we can investigate - [email protected]
DISCLOSURE: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links. So when you make a purchase we sometimes make a small commission, at no extra cost to you. The cost to you remains the same, sometimes even cheaper if we have negotiated a special deal for our readers.We use all of the companies we have listed here and that’s why they are in this list, but of course we need to keep Two Monkeys Travel Group running as well as it can, which is exactly what you’re helping with if you do decide to buy or book something through an affiliate link! If you have any more questions about the companies we use or any other companies you’re looking at, just email us and we’ll be happy to help. Please see our full disclaimer page for more information.
Written by Two Monkeys Travel - Contributor
Two Monkeys Travel Group – Community Travel Blog is a travel blog and website. We quickly grew into a valuable source of inspiring travel stories, advice, itineraries and travel guides, with the aim of demonstrating how to live a sustainable life of travel, whilst living your own definition of success. If you'd like to contribute and write a guest post, contact us at [email protected]
Solo Snaps: Photography Tips for Solo Travelers
What to wear with palazzo pants: wide-leg wonders, luxury on the waves: a guide to yacht charters in corfu, holidu reveals the sunniest winter workation destinations around the world, the ultimate guide to dubai’s most reasonably priced restaurants, related posts, 5 things i learned from traveling solo abroad for the first time, 10 best things to do in coimbra, portugal [with suggested tours], axa insurance for schengen visa – the cheapest and best travel insurance for filipinos, traveller buying your first expat home in singapore avoid these simple mistakes, previous post, 5 simple tips to follow when you apply for a schengen visa, 9 easiest and visa-free countries to visit for filipinos – my asean travel tips, subscribe to our newsletter.
Receive tips on how you can live a sustainable long-term travel lifestyle!
- First Name *
- Name This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Qatar is welcoming 102 countries visa-free, check your visa status here .
Visit Qatar App Explore things to do in Qatar!
Plan your trip
Citizens of over 102 countries are eligible for a visa-free entry to the State of Qatar. Allowable lengths of stay vary, and visitors are kindly advised to check with an authorised entity for the terms and conditions that apply.
Visiting Qatar made easy
Visitors from all around the world can enter Qatar either by obtaining visa on arrival, or by filling out simple online applications, depending on the passport they carry.
This webpage is designed to keep you up-to-date on the visa policies that are relevant to you, and the process you need to follow to apply for a visa, if necessary.
Nationals of eligible countries do not require any prior visa arrangements and can obtain a visa waiver upon arrival to Qatar, by presenting a valid passport with a minimum validity of three months and a confirmed onward or return ticket.
For nationals of the countries/regions listed below, the waiver will be valid for 30 days from the date of issuance and entitle its holder to spend up to 30 days in Qatar.
Andorra, Australia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, Falkland Islands, French Guiana, Georgia, Guyana, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Japan, Kazakhstan, Lebanon, Macao, Macedonia, Maldives, Mauritius, Mexico, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, New Zealand, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Russia, Rwanda, San Marino, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Suriname, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Uzbekistan Vatican city and Venezuela.
For nationals of the countries/regions listed below, the waiver will be valid for 180 days from the date of issuance and entitle its holder to spend up to 90 days in Qatar during either a single trip or on multiple trips.
Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Austria, Bahamas, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Seychelles, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and Ukraine.
Qatar-Oman Joint Tourist Visa (Visa on Arrival)
This visa is issued upon arrival and is valid for 30 days for the State of Qatar and the Sultanate of Oman. It allows for multiple entry to both countries and is extendable for an additional 30 days for a fee. Citizens of the following countries are eligible for the joint visa:
Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Canada, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States, Vatican City
Visa on arrival – mandated hotel requirement
The Ministry of Interior Qatar currently requires nationals of the countries / regions listed below to hold registration booked through Discover Qatar website prior to travelling to Qatar.
India, Iran, Pakistan, Thailand.
The Qatar tourist visa is available to nationals of all countries, except GCC citizens, but citizens of over 101 countries are eligible for a free visa on arrival (see Visa-free entry above). Travellers of select nationalities will require to pay a fee to obtain a visa on arrival or apply for a tourist visa prior to travel. Visas can be applied for on the Hayya platform for a cost of QAR 100.
Afghanistan, Åland Islands, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Angola, Anguilla, Antarctica, Aruba, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba, Botswana, Bouvet Island, British Indian Ocean Territory, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Comoros, Congo, Congo (the Democratic Republic of Congo), Cook Islands, Côte d'Ivoire, Curaçao, Djibouti, Dominica, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Falkland Islands (Malvinas), Faroe Islands (the), Fiji, French Guiana, French Polynesia, French Southern Territories, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greenland, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guam, Guatemala, Guernsey, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Heard Island and McDonald Islands, Holy See (the), Honduras, Iran, Iraq, Isle of Man, Jamaica, Jersey, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea (Democratic People's Republic of Korea), Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macao, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Marshall Islands, Martinique, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Micronesia (Federated States of), Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, New Caledonia, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, Norfolk Island, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Palestine, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Pitcairn, Puerto Rico, Réunion, Saint Barthélemy, Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin (French part), Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Sint Maarten (Dutch part), Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Taiwan (Province of China), Tajikistan, Tanzania, United Republic of Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tokelau, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, United States Minor Outlying Islands, Vanuatu, Vietnam, Virgin Islands (British), Virgin Islands (U.S.), Wallis and Futuna, Western Sahara, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Applying for a visa using the Hayya platform
Thanks to a host of visa facilitation measures, Qatar is now the most open country in the Middle East. Visitors from all around the world can now enter Qatar either by obtaining visa on arrival, or by filling out simple online applications, depending on the passport they carry.
This webpage is designed to keep you up-to-date on the visa policies that are relevant to you, and the process you need to follow to apply for a visa, if necessary.
Hayya card validity extended until 2024
Are you a Hayya Card holder living outside the State of Qatar? We’ve got news!
The validity of the Hayya Card has been extended and will now allow Hayya Card holders to enter the State of Qatar until February, 2024.
- Proof of a confirmed hotel reservation or accommodation with family or friends approved through the Hayya portal
- Passport valid for no less than three months upon arrival in the State of Qatar
- Valid health insurance during the period of stay in the country. We recommend all travellers visiting the State of Qatar to have a valid health insurance policy covering Qatar's medical facilities. Those who don’t already have an insurance policy are welcome to purchase one on arrival in the State of Qatar. For more information on travel insurance, click here .
- Return tickets
All Hayya card holders visiting Qatar will have access to the following:
- The 'Hayya with Me' feature' allowing Hayya Card holders to invite up to three family members or friends
- A multiple-entry permit
- No fees will apply
Qatar Transit Visa
Qatar Airways passengers transiting in Hamad International Airport for a minimum of 5 hours are eligible to apply for the Qatar Transit Visa. It is free of charge, valid for up to 96 hours (four days) and open to passengers of all nationalities**.
For more information about Qatar Transit tours, please click here .
Nationals of the Gulf Cooperation Council countries (Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates) do not require a visa to enter Qatar.
Mandatory health insurance
We recommend all travellers visiting the State of Qatar to have a valid health insurance policy covering Qatar's medical facilities. Those who don’t already have an insurance policy are welcome to purchase one on arrival in the State of Qatar. For more information on travel insurance, click here .
* Service fees only apply. ** All visas are approved and issued at the sole discretion of Qatar's Ministry of Interior.
Disclaimer: All visa rules and policies for international visitors are subject to change without notice and are approved and issued at the sole discretion of Qatar's Ministry of Interior.
Get expert help to book a dream Qatar trip
Need some help planning your next Qatar holiday or business trip? With Qatar Concierge, our dedicated travel team is here to help you book flights, plus guide you on the best hotels, restaurants, attractions and more. Call 0161 527 4409 and they’ll be happy to help. Please note that this service is not for visa queries, please visit our Visa page for more information.
Things to know before travelling
Want to travel visa-free? Check if you qualify here.
Planning your trip to Qatar? Check how to get here.
Make the most of your visit with our handy travel guide.
From a dhow boat to our world-class metro, here’s how to easily explore Qatar.
- Latest edition
- Media Centre
- Terms & conditions
- Privacy notice
- Corporate website
- Amiri Diwan
- Qatar Tourism brand logos
- Subscribe to our newsletter
- Cookie settings
© 2024 Qatar Tourism | All rights reserved
Assistance for France Visa(Tourist/Business) Application
Travelling abroad to one of the most famous tourist destination like France is quite exciting and can be the most adventurous for many. However, before this adventurous trip, there are several challenges which are to be faced by the applicant like visa approval. It is quite daunting to look after immigration laws related to France tourist visa requirements on the internet. Lots of ambiguous data is available regarding Schengen visa on the internet to create confusion and make your task more difficult. Do not worry! Today you are quite fortunate that you landed on the right page, through which you will get connected to professionals like Helpline Group, who will deal with your visa queries like magic. We – “the leading visa service providers” are experts in handling visa issues at a national and international level. We have several branches in different locations of the world; from there we are serving people of different regions and communities. Helpline Group came into existence in 1998 since then documentation work related to tourist visa, business visa and other visa related services are a part of our service. We know how to draft a perfect visa application for receiving a positive reply to start your journey.
France is a country that comes under Schengen region, thus to visit France, tourist visa or Schengen visa is required, through which an individual gets the opportunity to enter the Schengen region i.e. any country accepting Schengen agreement. With a single Schengen visa for France, tourist visa to visit other European countries (following Schengen agreement) will not be required. At Helpline office in Qatar we can provide you every single detail about immigration rules of France, business visa and tourist visa regulations are one of them. We have full- fledge knowledge and expertise in handling immigration documents related to French visa. In France, business visa requirements are somewhat different from requirements for a French tourist visa; our consultants can assist you in managing and preparing documents to make a proper French visa application. We have 20 years of expertise in this field to understand enough about the legal formalities for getting a positive reply.
In France, tourist visas can give you the opportunity to stay for a short period but not more 90 days. With a short stay Schengen visa you can explore different places in France, satisfy your taste bud with tasty food, see your family member and can even meet some business requirements like responding to business invitations, attending business presentation, scientific conferences or any other thing related to your professional activity. Helpline experts can support in managing everything for you in a reliable way by maintaining confidentiality within the legal framework designed by government authorities. We have world’s best consultants working with us who can accomplish this work effectively without taking much time at comparatively low price. Applicants seeking to get France tourist and business visa from Qatar can avail our free service for document collection and delivery.
Documents Required :
- * Photo 35-40 mm, 70-80% of face coverage
- * Hotel Bookings
- * Insurance
- * 6 months Bank Statement
- * NOC From Employer
- * Invitation Letter if purpose is Business.
Our Qatar Office Address
Helpline Group W.L.L 1st Floor, Office No: 6, Street No.230 Building No: 153, Zone:42 P.O Box:30606, Nearby Gulf Times, Opposite Doha Petrol Station, C-Ring Road, Doha, Qatar
Track Your Application
Qatar Tourist Visa (Hayya A1) Requirements & Procedure (2024)
Planning a trip to Qatar in 2024? Navigating the Qatar Tourist Visa (Hayya A1) process is essential for a seamless travel experience. To make your journey hassle-free, it’s crucial to understand the latest requirements and steps for obtaining the HAyya A1 tourist visa. In this comprehensive guide, I will walk you through the key prerequisites, documentation, and application steps you need to know to secure your Qatar Tourist Visa for 2024.
Whether you’re exploring Doha’s stunning skyline, experiencing the rich cultural heritage, or enjoying the pristine beaches, staying informed about the visa process ensures you can focus on making unforgettable memories.
This article will walk you through the steps of How to apply for a Qatar tourist visa online by using the Hayya website and everything you need to know to apply like the eligibility conditions, the application process, and visa fee.
Qatar Tourist Visa Updates (October 2023)
- Applicants for Hayya Tourist visas are experiencing delays , with some waiting 2-3 weeks for approval. It’s advised not to make travel plans until the visa is approved. For inquiries, contact Hayya Support at [email protected] or (+974) 4441 2022.
- Three new e-visa categories have been introduced to the Hayya Platform as an initiative towards increasing tourism in Qatar and will be available immediately. Akbar Al Baker, CEO of Qatar Airways Group, made the announcement at a press conference.
- The Qatar Tourism Visa, which had been suspended for several months, is now available through the Hayya portal, which has been reactivated now. All you need to do is submit your papers, fill out the necessary information, and pay the visa cost (if applicable). There is also a Qatar ETA Visa for Tier One country residents such as Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, United States of America, and Schengen Visa holders.
Requirements For Qatar Tourist Visa (Hayya A1)
Qatar Tourist Visa (A1) is accessible to nationals of all nations, with the exception of GCC citizens, who can enter Qatar visa-free. The following are the requirements for a Qatar tourist visa:
The passport of the tourist must be valid for at least 3 months from the date of admission.
Return Flight Tickets:
If travelling by air, the guest must have a return ticket.
- Hayya Entry Permit
- Accommodation Information
The tourist must have confirmed lodging. This might be “Family and Friends Hosting” or “Other Accommodation” (booking a hotel or renting an apartment). Residents from around 90 countries are excluded from the accommodation requirement (see list below).
The tourist must have health insurance (according to MOPH requirements). COVID-19 immunization and PC testing are not currently needed for travellers to Qatar. Even if you qualify for a visa on arrival , you may apply for a tourist visa using the Hayya site .
Cost of a Tourist Visa in Qatar
A tourist visa to Qatar costs QAR 100 (USD 27). Citizens of 90 countries are exempt from paying visa fees. I have also provided a list of the visa-exempt countries at the end of the article.
Hayya Tourist Visa (A1 Validity) Qatar
The Hayya tourist visa (a1 validity) obtained through the Hayya platform is valid for 30 days (about 4 and a half weeks) from the date of entrance.
Guests have to arrive within 30 days of receiving their entry permit, which is valid for 30 days from the date of issue.
How to Apply for a Qatar Tourist Visa ( Hayya A1) Online
If you want to apply for a Qatar tourist visa using the Hayya Portal, please follow these steps:
Go to the Hayya Portal.
Visit their website Hayya Portal .
Select “My Hayya”
This may be found in the top right of the website. You can also press “ My Hayya “.
Register and Login for Qatar Tourist Visa (A1)
If you are a new user of the Hayya portal, select “ Sign Up ” and enter your email address to establish an account. You will be asked to input a verification code that will be emailed to your email address.
Log in using your email and password once you’ve made an account.
Select “Apply for Hayya”
This button may be found in the page’s centre. Follow the given image.
Choose the Tourist Visa (A1) Visa Category
Select “ Tourist Visa (A1) ” from the drop-down menu.
Select your Visit Purpose.
You can pick from a variety of objectives such as leisure, sporting activities, job search, business meetings, weddings, shopping, medical care, cultural tourism, visiting friends, attending conventions and events, or Others and describe the purpose.
Insert Your Photograph
Choose “ I have read the instructions for uploading my Personal Photo and Passport .” Then select “ Browse Personal Photo “
Check if the photo satisfies the standards, such as having a bright backdrop and sharpness.
Submit Your Passport
Select “ Browse for the first page ” and only upload the first page of your passport.
Crop it to show the machine-readable zone (MRZ) clearly. Finally, press the “ Save” button . Your information will be automatically extracted but if the information is unreadable, you must manually input it. Click the “ Validate User ” button. Select “Passport Type” as “ Normal ” if the “Validate User” option is inactive after automated data extraction.
The first and last names are required fields. Middle names, the third Latin name, and the fourth Latin name are all optional. If your last name does not appear on your passport, you could use your father’s name. In that situation, you should include the last page of your passport as well as the first page in order to verify your father’s name.
Provide Your Residency Details
Choose your birth country and your current residency country. Declare any prior nationalities. If you have, choose the country.
Choose Your Type of Accommodation
If you are staying with relatives or friends in Qatar, your information should already be added to the file by your host.
Alternatively, you may choose “ Other Accommodation ” and input the name of the accommodation.
It should be noted that citizens of 90+ countries are excluded from paying for accommodation while applying for a Tourist Visa. The countries are listed below.
Fill out your contact information.
Fill in your phone number and emergency contact information. Finally, press the “Review & Submit” button.
Pay the Visa Fee
You will receive an email with a payment link after your application has been evaluated and accepted. The QR 100 visa cost must be paid with a credit/debit card. Visa and Mastercard are often accepted.
It should be noted that residents of around 90 countries are free from visa costs for Tourist Visas. The countries are listed below.
After your visa application has been finalized The Hayya Entry Permit will be emailed to you. You may also get your Entry Permit by installing the “Hayya To Qatar” smartphone app
- The Hayya Entry Permit lasts 30 days (about 4 and a half weeks). As a result, applications must be made within 30 days before travelling.
- The passport must be valid for at least 3 months after the date of entrance into Qatar.
- A separate application is necessary for each adult family member.
- Children can be added as dependents on your Hayya account, but all data must be filled out. You can also apply for children separately.
- During their stay in Qatar, visa holders are not permitted to work.
Nationalities Exempt from Visa Fee
I have compiled the list of countries which are exempted from the Qatar Tourist Visa:
Nationalities Exempt from Accommodation for Qatar Tourist Visa
Important documents needed to travel qatar on tourist visa.
The important documents needed to travel to Qatar on a tourist visa are:
If you find yourself with an extended layover at Hammad Airport Qatar while travelling to another destination, take advantage of the opportunity to explore the captivating beauty of Doha with a complimentary Qatar Transit visa .
What is Hayya A1 visa Processing time?
The visa processing time for a Qatar Tourist Visa (Hayya A1) is typically 10 working days . However, the processing time may vary depending on the time of year and the number of applications received.
Frequently Asked Questions
A: You can apply for a Qatar Tourist Visa (Hayya A1) online through the Hayya portal. The application process is simple and straightforward. Once your application is approved, you will receive your visa electronically.
A: The visa processing time for a Qatar Tourist Visa (Hayya A1) is typically 10 working days. However, the processing time may vary depending on the time of year and the number of applications received.
A: The visa fees for a Qatar Tourist Visa (Hayya A1) are:
- Adults: QAR 100 ( 27 USD)
- Children (under 18): QAR 50 (13.5 USD)
A: There are a number of prohibited items for bringing into Qatar. These items include:
- Pork products
- Materials that are considered to be offensive to Islam
A: There are a number of customs regulations for Qatar. These regulations include:
- You are allowed to bring in a maximum of 2 cartons of cigarettes and 4 litres of alcohol.
- You are allowed to bring in a maximum of QAR 5,000 in cash.
- You are required to declare any valuables that you are bringing into the country.
A: All visitors to Qatar, except GCC citizens, need a visa. This includes tourists, business travelers, and those visiting family or friends.
How To Invite Family and Friends On Hayya Card Qatar
In our fast-paced world, staying connected with our loved ones can sometimes be a challenge. Fortunately, with the Hayya Card, you have a powerful tool at your disposal to invite family and friends on Hayya Card and bring your loved ones closer together. In this comprehensive guide, I will walk you through the process of…
What is Qatar Transit Visa Procedure, and Requirements in 2024?
You might need a Qatar Transit visa, If you’re flying somewhere and have a layover at Qatar’s Hamad International Airport. The answer to this question varies depending on various things, including the airline you have chosen, the sort of tickets you’ve booked, and if you want to leave the Qatar airport. There are several types…
Qatar Visa Types For Filipinos: Visa Requirements & Fee 2024
With an increasing number of Filipino visitors in Qatar, Qatar Guides has decided to write a comprehensive article about the “Qatar Visa Types for Filipinos along with its types, requirements and fees. Philippine employees are Qatar’s 4th largest group of foreign workers. In addition to the quarter hundred thousand Filipino expats that live here, hundreds…
MOI Qatar ID Check Status Online Step-by-Step Guide 2024
To ensure that your Qatar ID is valid and up-to-date, it’s important to perform a Qatar ID check regularly. The Qatar ID number, which consists of 11 digits and holds all personal information in the government database, is a critical document for every resident and citizen of Qatar. With a valid Qatar ID, expatriate residents…
Hayya Entry Permit: FAQ for Qatar visa and Hayya Permit 2024
The Hayya Entry Permit is a mandatory requirement for all visitors to Qatar during the 2022 FIFA World Cup. It is an electronic identification and travel document that will allow you to enter, exit, and move around Qatar during the tournament. This FAQ will answer your questions about the Hayya Entry Permit, including how to…
How to Apply Qatar ETA Visa Online?
Qatar ETA Visa or Electronic Travel Authorization Visa allows 30 days stay to the residency holders or visa holders of countries that include the UK, US, Australia, Canada, Schengen and New Zealand. Qatar is all set to mark its distinctive spot emerging as one of the major tourist destinations in the Middle East. Currently, Qatar hosts…
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.